after a couple of month I return to write on my blog...
This time I want to provide you a very usefull pack with everything needed to work with SoftIce on XP SP3 through VMware.
Follow these steps:
1. Copy compuware.dat to your C:\windows\system32\drivers folder;
2. Start Autorun.exe and while you are installing, You use the serial: 7888-5842DD-DD ( you can also use the keygen provided with this pack ) ;
3. When you must choose for option 14-day trial or select the file license, choose the file license, don't choose 14-daytrial!
Make the path to : C:\windows\system32\drivers\compuware.dat
Finish the installation;
5. Copy OSINFO.DAT to your C:\windows\system32\drivers folder and overwrite if it exists;
6. Disable DEP by modifying c:\boot.ini
7. Modify *.vmx:
svga.maxFullscreenRefreshTick = 5
vmmouse.present = "FALSE"
8. Copy dbghelp.dll and symsrv.dll to C:\Programmi\Compuware\DriverStudio [or DriverSuite]\Softice\SymbolRetriever directory and overwrite if them exist;
Now run SIce and it'll work [ hopefully ;) ] fine on NT and XP on VMware.
Here the link to download the Pack: SIce Pack
Thx to all ExeTool's Member but a special thx for WhoCares!!!
Sorry for my bad English. :P
Bye, see you to the next post =)